At American Water, we are proud to offer Austin / Central Texas home and business owners some of the very best water softener and filtration products that Kinetico has to offer. We also have the resources and experience to service and repair broken or problematic water filters and softeners, whether these are Kinetico products or another brand. Call us today at 512-388-0022 for a new water system, maintenance, repairs, trade-in, or if you’re experiencing problems with any of the following:
- Cloudy water
- De-chlorinator recharge
- Hard water
- Low water pressure
- Salty water
- Smelly water
- Unit that is running too often
Troubleshooting Your Water System in Austin / Central Texas
If you’re experiencing problems with your water softener, you may want to go through the following checklist to eliminate some of the most common problems:
- Does the brine tank have both water and salt in it?
- Does the salt appear to have formed a solid layer above the water? If so, break the salt apart and mix it into the water.
- Is the bypass open?
- Is there anything clogging or blocking the filter?
- Is there anything restricting the flow of water in the drain line?
- Is there a leak or a drip somewhere else in the house?
Similarly, if you’re experiencing any problems with your home’s drinking water system, you may want to try the following before calling in a professional:
- Change all filters.
- Ensure that all shut-off valves are in the open position.
- Check the air pressure in your storage tank, and make sure that it has 7 to 9 PSI.