Have you ever stopped to consider the vital role water plays in your life? You bathe with it, cook with it, and drink it. Your very survival depends on it! What better reason to have pure and contaminant-free water? Your best bet for safe water is installing a whole-home water filter, and here’s why!
What Contaminants Are Most Often Found in Tap Water?
There are multiple found that can be hazardous to your health, even in water treated by a municipal source, including:
- Heavy metals: Heavy metals like lead have been classified as a carcinogen, and long-term exposure can lead to cognitive development problems in children.
- Chlorine: Often used to disinfect drinking water, chlorine can also increase your risk of cancer significantly if ingested over a long period of time.
- Microbial contaminants: Microbes are especially unsafe for those with weakened immune systems and can cause gastrointestinal illness among other illnesses.
How Do I Know I Need a Whole-House Water Filter?
There are signs that indicate the need for a filtration system. Hard water, noticeable soap scum and rust rings left in tubs / showers, dingy laundry, cloudy water, odor in your water, and trouble with appliances that need water to function are all signs it’s time to make this important upgrade to your home.
What Are the Benefits of a Whole-Home Water Filter?
There are many, but the most important is a healthier family! Those terrible signs mentioned in the previous paragraph? They can all be fixed with a whole-house water filter. And, there’s more.
- Cooking becomes safer. Think about cooking any food that absorbs water. Take rice, for example. When you cook rice with unfiltered water, it absorbs anything in the water so your food can become contaminated.
- There’s no longer a need to waste money on bottled water. Millions of Americans buy bottled water every year, and 80% of those bottles typically end up in landfills. This wreaks havoc on the environment. Save your money and the environment by opting for a whole-house water filter instead.
I’m Ready to Invest in My Home and Family! Who Should I Trust for Installing a Whole-House Water Filter?
If you want the most advanced water purification systems on the market near Austin, you go where everyone goes – American Water! For your free water analysis and quote, contact us at 512-388-0022, and let’s get started on a plan to make your home a safe haven today.