Water filters have a huge impact on the quality of water in your home or business. They remove harmful bacteria, chemicals, and heavy metals that make unfiltered water less safe. So, how do you know you need one, and how much is water filter installation in Austin??
What Type of Water Filters Are Available? Which Is Best?
The two most common types of water filters are activated charcoal and reverse osmosis.
- Activated carbon is the most economical, as well as the most popular. It’s also simple to maintain. Typically installed under a sink, an activated carbon filter removes contaminants such as chemicals, parasites, and heavy metals. Filters can be easily replaced as often as you need.
- Reverse osmosis is more costly and requires a bit more maintenance than activated carbon, but it is considered the best water filter system. These types of filters have the capacity to filter more contaminants than an activated carbon filter, with an output of 50 and 90 gallons each day.
How Do I Know if I Need a Water Filter?
Before we answer, “How much is water filter installation in Austin,” let’s take a look at why you need one. Water filter systems turn hard water into soft water. Have you noticed any of the following?
- Dry, itchy skin
- Water that has an unpleasant smell or taste
- Quick build-up of soap scum in your tub or sink
- Water that isn’t clear; appears cloudy
- Trouble with your appliances
If any of these are evident in your residence or business, that is an indication you’ve got hard water and / or harmful contaminants and that it’s time to get a water filter system.
What’s the Bottom Line? How Much Is Water Filter Installation in Austin?
Without a professional water quality analysis, it is impossible to say how much you will spend on a water filter, and the cost varies greatly. The least expensive water filter can cost around $1,000, and the most expensive averages between $8,000 to $10,000. Your cost depends on your daily water needs, the type of system you choose, and whether or not you decide on a whole-house system, among other factors.
Call American Water for the Best Water Filter Installation for Your Home or Business!
We’ve been in the business of clean, safe water since 1987, and our passion is making sure our customers feel confident in the quality of water they have.
We are happy to offer you a free water analysis and price quote. To request your appointment, give us a call at 512-388-0022 or fill out our contact form, and let’s get started on a plan to make sure you and your family have safe, clean water!