In choosing a purification method for your home water system, there are several things to consider before deciding on a filtration system. Houzz, a home remodeling and design platform, listed the following things to consider before choosing a system for your home:
- Know what you are removing from the system. You may test the water yourself by using at-home test kits or consulting a laboratory.
- Learn about the kind of filter needed. Some contaminants may be removed through the use of activated carbon filters, while there are other purification systems – reverse osmosis, distillation, etc. — that can be used to remove other particles.
- Plan the filter’s location. Whole-house or point-of-entry systems filter water before it enters the house, while the point-of-use system filters the water just before using it.
- Find an NSF-certified system. The National Sanitation Foundation seal on products mean that they are tested and proven.
- Check current system. If your current system was purchased a long time ago, an upgrade may be necessary as regulations have changed over the years.
If you are considering installing a water filtration system for your home, consult with our experts at [firm-name] to learn about our free water testing and other services. Call our Austin office at [phone-number].