In choosing a purification method for your home water system, there are several things to consider before deciding on a filtration system. Houzz, a home remodeling and design platform, listed the following things to consider before choosing a system for your home:
- Know what you are removing from the system. You may test the water yourself by using at-home test kits or consulting a laboratory.
- Learn about the kind of filter needed. Some contaminants may be removed through the use of activated carbon filters, while there are other purification systems – reverse osmosis, distillation, etc. — that can be used to remove other particles.
- Plan the filter’s location. Whole-house or point-of-entry systems filter water before it enters the house, while the point-of-use system filters the water just before using it.
- Find an NSF-certified system. The National Sanitation Foundation seal on products mean that they are tested and proven.
- Check current system. If your current system was purchased a long time ago, an upgrade may be necessary as regulations have changed over the years.
If you are considering installing a water filtration system for your home, consult with our experts at American Water TX to learn about our free water testing and other services. Call our Austin office at (512) 388-0022.