Suffering from hard water? While most signs of hard water are harmless, there are some that can lead to serious issues and major expenses. A water softener / whole house filter in San Marcos can solve your problems, eliminating excess minerals such as calcium and magnesium in your water supply. They are cost-effective, and stamp out hassles that homeowners face from hard water.
Here are 5 signs you may need a whole house filter in San Marcos to soften your water.
- You have mineral deposits / hard water stains on plumbing fixtures and in toilet bowls. Mineral deposits on plumbing fixtures, sinks, tubs, and toilets makes cleaning much more difficult. They’re hard to remove and can prevent cleaners from properly removing them.
- Your hair and skin are dry and feel like there is a soapy residue on them after bathing. Hard water leaves behind a soap-like film on the hair and skin, which causes it to dry out. Even hydrating and conditioning products for the shower don’t solve the problem, leaving hair feeling straw like and skin itchy and flaky.
- Your appliances that use water don’t live up to expectations. Hard water can shorten the lifespan of your washer, dishwasher, and hot water heater among other appliances. The scale buildup from hard water make them less efficient than they should be until they eventually break down sooner than they should.
- Your home has plumbing issues such as clogged pipes. Hard water can cause scale buildup in the pipes which constricts the flow of water. This is similar to the way plaque builds up inside artery and restricts blood flow. Eventually your pipes may clog, leading to expensive plumbing repairs.
- Soap scum accumulates on your dishes, and your glassware is more fragile. Off-shite spots on your dishes after washing are hard water stains. No matter how hard you scrub, it may be impossible to completely remove them. Hard water can also make your glasses susceptible to breakage.
Call American Water for the best in water softeners / whole house filters to clean up your water supply!
We offer free in-home water tests to determine mineral levels and help select which softener / filtration system will work best for your home and family’s needs. Call us today at 512-388-0022 to schedule an appointment.